Hey! I don't know who controls the CSS for this wiki, but there are some colors that really hurts the eyes =) For example links and when looking at page diffs. --Jeb 19:43, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- I do, and I will take a look and make some adjustments :D -- Wynthyst talk 19:44, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- Should be better now. -- Wynthyst talk 19:53, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
CSS is loaded 3 times[edit source]
It's annoying bug, also happens on minecraftwiki, would be awesome to have that fixed by updating to MediaWiki 1.18. Version 1.17.1 was security fix, and this wiki has 1.17.0 – xPaw at 20:02, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- lol well, we have 40+ wikis on our network and not all of them have been updated to 1.17 yet, it will be awhile before any of them go to 1.18. -- Wynthyst talk 20:04, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- That really sucks. Maybe you can implement this fix instead? Commenting 2 lines of code. https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=29693#c7 – xPaw at 20:08, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- I've passed your suggestions (and the bugzilla link) on to our PHP Team that deals with all our backend stuff. -- Wynthyst talk 20:11, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
What exactly do you mean HTML sucks, and thanks for the help. :)
p.s. I never noticed that the references were removed, sorry.
- Wiki code is much cleaner, and easier for most beginning editors to work with rather than the html. Call it a personal bias, but since this is a wiki, I'd like to try to do as much in wiki code as possible. You have to admit that the wiki code is easier (not to mention shorter) than html when doing bulleted lists. -- Wynthyst talk 22:37, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- OK, I'll try to use it as much as I can. Also, do I have the freedom to create pages that are good and pertain to Cobalt, like a workers page or something? -- TheSourNinja talk 22:42, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- You can create anything that is relevant to Cobalt. lol and you probably don't want your signature to link to my talk page :D If you need help with your signature take a look at Help:Signatures -- Wynthyst talk 22:45, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- OK, thanks for the help. Let's try this signature. :/
- p.s. I think we (as a community) did a nice job on the release information page. TheSourNinja 22:50, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, it's a good page, that's why I linked it to the main page. I just wanted to clean up the coding, and properly use the reference tags. -- Wynthyst talk 22:52, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, well I thank you for that because I was trying to reference it the whole time and was having issues as I was trying to use Wikipedia's reference stuff which is not the same. And I'd also like to thank you for the help and kindness you've given to me.TheSourNinja 22:56, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- You're welcome. I'm here to help this wiki get off to a good start, and grow into something that will benefit the entire community. I'm always happy to help! -- Wynthyst talk 22:59, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- That's awesome. :D Plus, this game looks like it's going to be amazing. Will we be putting each individual item into the wiki that's in the level editor?--TheSourNinja 23:03, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- Well, the wiki will be documenting all things Cobalt. Working in conjunction with http://cobalt.curseforge.com for the modding community and a soon to be launched community forum site. -- Wynthyst talk 23:04, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- Awesome, I'll try to be on here as much as possible so that we get this wiki going good.--TheSourNinja 23:18, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
Whatever it is called, the icon that appears next to the address and when you bookmark the site; I vote we use a resized version of this image.
-- Fishrock123 (Talk)(c) 23:58, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- It's called a favicon, and it's already there. File:Favicon.ico -- Wynthyst talk 02:59, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
- That's strange, I can't see it, even after clearing my cache. -- Fishrock123 (Talk)(c) 03:22, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, the way they are handled on the Curse network wikis is strange, it generally takes a while (days sometimes) for them to show up in the browser tag. Also, MediaWiki doesn't render .ico's so to see the image, you actually have to follow the full link http://www.cobaltwiki.com/images/6/64/Favicon.ico Patience padawan :D (LOL! My SWTOR is showing)-- Wynthyst talk 03:53, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
Could you please make an editcopy subpage of the main page? Thanks. :D -- Fishrock123 (Talk)(c) 23:59, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- Cobalt Wiki/editcopy -- Wynthyst talk 03:03, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
Hi, i just read your message, could you please tell me where i can find the "move"-funktion? thanks! ~| Aco 15:38, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- Click on the little down arrow next to the Search box...Move is one of the options. -- Wynthyst talk 16:15, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks!~| Aco 17:19, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
could you please delete the following pages:
Survival House 3
The reasons are pretty obvious, i think.
~| Aconitin 17:11, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
Edit: Please also delete the Picture "Sur House 3.jpg" as i uploaded a newer *.png version. ~| Aconitin 17:24, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
- Large images like full sized screenshots should be uploaded as jpgs to reduce the file size. pngs are just way bigger than needed. -- Wynthyst talk 17:26, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
- Okay ~| Aconitin 17:31, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
hi, im back. could you please delete the pages Asdasdasd22 and TrialAndError ? thanks!-- Aconitin talk 12:44, 26 January 2012 (UTC)
Including game version on the main page[edit source]
How do you like the idea to include the game version on the main page?
Have a look at the editcopy and tell me what you think, please. -- Aconitin talk 23:37, 28 January 2012 (UTC)
- Added it and fixed the editcopy page as well. -- Wynthyst talk 23:44, 28 January 2012 (UTC)
- Nice.-- Aconitin talk 00:19, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
Hey, have you been online on msn recently? Your status shows up for me as "Presence unknown". Just wondering if it was my isp, or if you were on vacation :D Wanted to speak with you. ttyl. Happypal 07:34, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
- It's got to be your ISP, I'm on 24/7 as always. -- Wynthyst talk 09:59, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
- I'll try to chat with you using my web-based messenger then. Could you accept my friend request? [first].[last]@hotmail.com Happypal 13:03, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
- I didn't get anything.... -- Wynthyst talk 20:18, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
So, how shall I proceed with the main page? We cant put every gamemode on the frontpage now that v103a is out, can we?
- Change whatever is appropriate to change. -- Wynthyst talk 01:04, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
Hello, i am Janeator, from the Forums and such, and so i'm now onto making this a good wiki.
So, i was thinking on it and i think it'd be cool to have a template for map pages, so that you know which sections are still missing. I tryed doing so by myself, but i cannot understand all the code needed to make a template page. If you have a look at the CTP maps, you'll know the right sections. Also, ther'd be an optional section at the end called 'ADvanced Tactics'.
Thanks! And keep the main page updated, as i can't edit it. Aconitin told me he'll fix the 'Actual version is v108' thingy, but it still needs to be worked. --Preceding unsigned comment added by Janeator (talk • contribs)
- Welcome to the wiki! You can suggest changes to the Main Page on Cobalt_Wiki/editcopy which is open for anyone to edit. Then discuss the changes with Aconitin, and the rest of the community, and if everyone agrees, it can be changed. I will look into the template you are requesting. I may have more questions about exactly what you are looking for. Oh, and please sign your talk page posts with four tildes (~~~~). That's how we keep track of who has asked for what. -- Wynthyst talk 16:04, 18 October 2012 (UTC)