As of v123 Alpha, the survival and deathmatch modes were revamped. While the changes on deathmatch were minor ones, survival was certainly revamped as a whole. The new survival maps use the su_ prefix, while the old gamemode ones (now called Classic Survival) still use the sur_ prefix.
Waves Survival is a gamemode in which player(s) must survive through sets of enemy waves in order to complete the map. Every wave is harder than the previous, and some of the last waves might contain bosses.
In Waves Survival, your goal is to kill all the enemies in the "attack" before the timer (which is hidden unless there's not too many time left) runs out and not to die meanwhile. If you die, you're given the chance to restart the latest wave (a wave is a set of attacks). There are four kinds of attacks:
- A normal attack, with just "average" enemies.
- A Raid Caller attack, in which you'll have to kill a certain enemy target before a short timer runs out, or suffer the consequences of one out of various kinds of raids.
- A "bodyguard" attack, in which you'll have to prevent the little Bopo brain from dying until the attack's end.
- A boss attack, in which you'll have to defeat a special enemy that is stronger or has more health than the average enemies.
In the beggining of every wave (while you're in the shop) you'll also be able to see what enemies will spawn during the attacks on that wave.
Every time a wave is completed, the player will be teleported out of the map (same way players are teleported into the map every time a wave starts) and the "virtual" shop will appear. This shop includes three sections:
- The hull section, where you'll be able to improve your character with better hull sets.
- The Gambling section, where you can buy one of the three items shown for each category (Weapons, Good Weapons, Throwables, Equipment and Supplies) or gamble to make a random free item appear (Note: the item in the top row will then dissapear).
- The Equipment section, where you'll be able to sell the items you already own.
The Waves Survival gamemode can be played with more than one player at the same time.
Each player will have its own shop, and only one of the players is needed to stay alive to complete an attack/wave.
The difficulty of the attacks should also increase depending on the amount of players.
Contribute with a decent-looking video!